Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Death of my Student

Just as no parent wants to bury his or her child, the child in the natural course of life will bury their parents. Nor does a teacher want to bury her student, a student in the natural course of life will outlive their teacher. Natural death of old age is not always in Allah's Plan and He Knows what we do not.



Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un



When I accepted Islam as my religion at Masjid al- Islam in Oakland, CA in 1998, I was eager to be a part of the community. I started volunteering teaching Math to 3rd grade at the Islamic school. Soon they hired me part time, then the following year I taught these students full time. They were my favorite class and Mohamed Sbeih was one of my favorite students. He always made me happy, funny guy. . .

Mohamed Sbeih- 1st boy on the right.

But not only did I love him, I loved his mother Sonia  and his sister Fatima. Sonia was so welcoming to me as a new Muslim to the community and she entered all of our hearts through her yummy Palestinian food and warmth of character. May Allah grant this family ease through this difficult time. ♥

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips