Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Leaf Hunt

The beauty of Fall is all around us, therefore a Leaf Hunt was fitting. We began with three pages all are free, one from my favorite Nature curriculum: Nature Detective out of the UK.



The other from ABC teach, a great resource that I get for $20 a year through Homeschool Buyers Coop
but you can get this worksheet free here: Leaves Memory Game

The last one from Ellen J McHenry







Still trekking the Earth in my "Foot Gloves" Five Fingers


My older children also used this page to learn about the shape and venation of the leaf:
Leaf Morphology Chart

I made a chart that they could fill in the parts of the leaf, one is laminated for repeated use and the other one un-laminated filled in.



Then we cut out our leaf cards and matched them up with the leaves we collected.



Botany- Leaves Post

5 comments :

  1. What a fascinating way to explore leaves. Your children look as though they're loving every minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smiling because I enjoyed it also! I appreciate all seasons, but, All Praises due to God for the beauty of Fall.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous resources! Thanks for sharing so many links and ideas! It looks like you had a wonderful family outing. Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Autumn Leaf Unit Study Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/autumn-leaf-unit-study/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I needed to add Montessori Monday as an inspiration because I am always inspired by your different unit studies including the leaf unit.

      Delete
  3. What a great activity! I love how you displayed your leaves on the window!

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips