Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Post of Eid Past

I always love seeing timelines of my Beloveds: how they have grown, facial features have changed, and personalities have developed. Eid Timelines are nice because I get to see how their interests have changed, what toys they liked back when compared to the present. Eid al Fitr is the celebration after the Ramadan 29-30 day fast. Eid al Adha is the celebration during the Hajj to Mecca when Prophet Abraham did not have to sacrifice his son and was able to sacrifice a small animal in his place.

EID AL FITR - DECEMBER 2002
Only J Man, Big A and S Man were born. I did lights and balloons this year.
I printed out signs and pictures, then I glued it on the box.




J Man made me an air brushed card and Humble Dad replaced my wedding ring this year.


Eid in Oakland, CA would always be at Brookfield Park, Brother played basketball,
Games and rides for children and Sisters would sit around and talk which never interested me much.
One year I got on the Jumpers with the kids. But here is where our friends and heart was.
EID AL ADHA- FEBRUARY 2003

Eid at Zaytuna Institute in Hayward, CA. Pony rides and games.
Archery was for both brothers and sisters, although I was one of the only sisters who did it.
Barakah Life did the beautiful design.




EID AL FITR - NOVEMBER 2004

Probably our biggest EID ever, most gifts were given by family members
because it was close enough to Christmas. We don't get gifts like this anymore.






My non-Muslim Uncle celebrated Eid with us at Mosswood Park in Oakland, CA
Oakland Islamic Center would always have the best Eids in the Bay Area. One year they rented out
the whole Zoo. The brothers would do all the Bar-B-Que, a huge line with plenty of food
and it was all FREE.  Long plastic tarp would drape the lawn for us to eat on.
They would rent the best Jumpers or Bouncers, this year they got a climbing wall.
They would fill up a big Moving truck with Cheap Toys, and every year parents would fight over
the toys very hectic, but the it was great the kids would all get gifts.


Popcorn, Cotton Candy is also FREE.
Humble Dad spent the majority of his time catching up with friends.
EID AL ADHA- JANUARY 2005
Our last Eid in California, Eid has never been the same.




EID AL FITR- NOVEMBER 2005

We bought a new home and moved to Georgia, Eid was spent with new friends.
We did fireworks for Eid and other occasions in all of our space.







EID AL ADHA- DECEMBER 2006
J Man mad a Eid Mubarak Sign. 
We moved from our house, to rent a home in Roswell, GA where our children
could attend better schools.
This year, I wrapped gifts and put candy small cards on the gifts.

Humble Dad always gets  a sweater for Eid, lol.
S Man would make the most elaborate train and block towns.
EID AL ADHA- DECEMBER 2007
My Grandmother (not pictured), my Uncle and his Wife, my Brother and his Mother (not pictured)
 all came to Atlanta, GA to for Eid, Christmas, and my brothers birthday.
Decorations consisted of glittered moon & crescent and lights.
EID AL FITR- OCTOBER 2008
Our Last Eid with J Man
Our Last Eid in Roswell, GA
A Very Webkinz Eid
More Webkinz


A Very Festive Roswell, GA Eid!



EID AL FITR- SEPTEMBER 2009

EID AL ADHA- NOVEMBER 2009

EID AL FITR- SEPTEMBER 2010
We drove to Maryland, Pennsylvania and finally New Jersey for Eid at Six Flags.
This was the biggest Eid we have ever been to!
The Muslims rented out the whole Six Flags, they put sign up all over the park,
the electric billboards had Quran and Hadith on it. Muslim music was
played on the loud speaker and Muslim Prayers were established.
It was super fun!




With our favorite Cousin in New Jersey!


EID AL FITR- AUGUST 2011

EID AL ADHA- SEPTEMBER 2011

2 comments :

  1. Have to wipe the tears away on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too as I was going through the pictures. Thank you for our beautiful children!

      Delete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips