Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Place in the Universe

I really loved all the Me on the Map projects that have evolved from the book by the same name. I thought it was a nice concrete way to understand your physical place in the world. Although, we own and have read the book, for making this project I skipped using the book this time. I did not want to focus on map making as much as I just wanted my Beloveds to understand their place in God's creation and for the younger ones to learn their address. So on circles I created, I actually printed our address. We also have been working on US State Geography and Solar Systems, and I thought this would be the perfect time and project to bring it all together. Of course, with everything I make, this is Free for download here.

The address has been changed.





7 comments :

  1. MashaAllah good job! We did this a few months back from a post on pintrest and it was a hit! Even the younger kids I see who didn't quite grasped it-loved it! Please keep sharing and posting it's good to see other muslima's still homeschooling and not only that but I'm partial to your blog and the creativity and cuteness of it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MashaAllah, I am so glad that you like my blog, I love yours! I pray that Allah continues to give me the strength to homeschool and share.

      Delete
  2. Lovely activity. It would fit well into a Star Wars Galaxy vs. God's galaxy co-op class I am preparing for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read about it, Martianne. May you have much success in your class.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! This is wonderful! I just added your post and photo to my post today at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/09/17/montessori-monday-diy-cosmic-nesting-boxes-map-towers-and-me-on-the-map/. I also featured your printables as free printable(s) of the day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I always love your posts and your "Me on the Map" post is a wonderful reference, I am honored to be on there with all the other great ideas.

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful and awesome project. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips