Sunday, March 18, 2012

An Unexpected Guest

Some of you may remember a post from last year about the death of my Grandma, she was my dad's mom. I miss her very much because she was also like a mom to me, a constant loved one whom I could confide in. I have not seen my own mother in over 3 years and I talk to her very little, she hurt me. However, one thing I always remember is life is too short to hold on to any lasting grudges. Forgiveness is for you, not the other person, so I try to let go of the negative feelings and let God in. My other Grandmother, my mother's mom was put in Hospice this week and my mom flew in from Seattle. And I accepted her with open arms, we went for ice cream, and looked through an Antique store, we also grilled for her. Who would of known one of our first guests would be mom?

My Grandmother's (Mom's mom) Home. I spent alot of time in this house. She was my favorite grandmother growing up.
Then my other Grandma (Dad's mom) and I grew closer as I became older.  However, this grandmother was always a
woman of integrity, she was consistent and stable, and very generous. She was my first introduction to a practicing
Christian, she read her Bible daily, listened to sermons while she cooked,  she sang Jesus Loves Me and helped me to say my prayers at night, she was respected and loved at her church, she treated others the way she wanted to treated following the Ten Commandments to the best of her ability. 


Lil A was an infant when the mishap occurred therefore she was excited to learn about her Nana for the first time. Here she is telling her Nana all about the sweets she would like to have at Atwater Bakery. 



Lil A also had ballet practice before the visit, so we were able to capture more photos.




Although, I wish that it wasn't under these conditions, I am very glad to have had a visit from my mom.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

Mahatma Ghandi

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips