Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 27- Another Blog Break


March 27, 2011 was the date my paternal grandmother passed away. March 27, 2012 my maternal grandmother took her last breath. My children and I are the only common relatives between both granmas, I don't believe in coincidences and this date has an importance I yet not know. What I do know is both of these women shaped me into the person I am and I miss my grandmothers. I miss sharing my life with them, I miss having them here. I have wanted to move to Maryland for a long time to be closer to them, however, now that I have finally moved here, they are no longer here. My maternal grandmother was the real deal, she was beautiful, patient, generous, honest, consistent, and she loved the Lord. She woke up in prayer and she went to bed in prayer, one of the prayers she taught me and would say with me is "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, but if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." I pray that God has taken her soul and raised it up with those that God loves the most, for my Grandmother loved God the most.

She had a beautiful going home ceremony in her Episcopal Church, the same church I went to Bible School at, the same church she was married in, the same church that my mother attended when she was a child.

The post about my Paternal Grandmother can be found here: A Lesson in Death

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips