Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Butterfly

Butterfly Printing done at the Childrens' Museum in Chattanooga

I almost did not post this, I was disappointed about loosing all the picture of the butterflies we watch grow and then released. God's Creation is so perfect, it was a true blessing to see it unfold in the life cycle of a butterfly.

So in the aim of documenting everything we do in our homeschool adventure, I am posting pictures I took from our bulletin board.




We ordered butterflies from Insect Lore. Only two of the 5 caterpillars became butterflies and one emerged from the cocoon with a broken wing. I tried to fix the wing using a youtube video with no success. Therefore, this butterfly stayed with us until we buried him. It was a great experience for my Beloveds because the butterfly wanted to be held and seemed to like the attention. The other one we released and flew away before I was even able to take a picture. Insect Lore guarantees more butterflies, but I didn't bother asking for new caterpillars because it may have been our fault and the weather was getting too cold.

I spelled Butterfly and Bug, Lil A copied in the colorful letters

This is part of our mini unit studies as we go through the alphabet for our ABC of the Quran adventure. Letter B is represented by BoatBallButtonButterflyBallerinaBridgeBrain & the Quran B is for Bird which tells the story of how God showed Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) His Power by using birds.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips