Monday, October 10, 2011

The Hijab (headscarf) of Lil A

Lil A at 11 months.





Installing a love of the headscarf at a young age is something that happens naturally in an Islamic home where the mother and sisters wears a hijab. However, when Big A was little, I created her beautiful Montessori cards of Muslim women from around the world. The front was coded in Montessori pink and blue for matching and the back of the card have the name of the country. I brought them back out for Lil A and put them on her Montessori- Tot shelf.




We also own these books & dolls.

2 comments :

  1. I love this idea masha Allah :) I have three daughters alhamdulillah and they are 3yrs, 5yrs and 8 months. The older two love their hijaabs even tho they don't wear them all the time.

    I think I will also cover hijaabi's from different nationalities insha Allah, jazzakillah for sharing :)

    Great blog Masha Allah

    Fe Amaanillah
    Umm Imaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm Imaan,
    AsSalaamu Alaikum. Thank you for stopping by. I also love your blog, Islamic & Montessori= Great Combination.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips