Friday, June 19, 2009

S Man & Lil A's Special Day.

Most Muslim's do not celebrate birthdays. Most Christians (some still don't) did not start to celebrate it until the 4th century dismissing it as a pagan holiday. And spiritual Jews still do not celebrate birthdays. This is something that I have struggled with throughout my children's life.
On one hand, I am not a pagan, I believe in one God, and therefore try to stay away from all pagan traditions. On the other hand, I want to acknowledge the changing of each year in my child's life. So what do we do, we acknowledge it in an intimate family setting.
 This year we needed to go into the big city- Dallas, and take a break from our small town. Since S Man and Lil A's birthdays are soon we went to the Rainforest Cafe today.






2 comments :

  1. As salaamu alaikum,

    That is such great pictures. My children immediatly connected with the whole Rainforest Cafe experience, since they have been there on a couple of occasions. And they thought you were in town and wanted to hook up or wondered why they weren't invited. Such cute pictures. Miss you all. Love Halima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one of Azara with her eyes closed and her teeth grinning. Classic. She cracks me up with that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips